Surviving the American Healthcare System with Dr. David WilcoxDec 10, 2021
A healthcare system is defined by law and regulations that provide primary health services to its population through finances, services, and management. It consists of organizations whose primary goal is to promote, restore, and maintain health.
Every country has its own different healthcare system and understanding what your country has will ensure you the quality of services you’d need.
The American healthcare system deals with high prescription prices rather than the high quality of services. The cost is enormous plus its access is uneven. This is why we’ve invited Dr. David Wilcox in this episode, the author of the patients’ handbook of survival called, “How to Avoid Being a Victim of the American Healthcare System” to give us a brief education on what we should really know about our healthcare system.
One of the primary works of nurses is to educate their clients especially when it comes to providing quality of service since nurses are also collaborators and educators to address their client’s needs. So consider asking a nurse to help you understand this and know what kind of service you actually need. Dr. David Wilcox’s knowledge in Executive Nursing Practice is extensive and he is an excellent source of valuable information regarding this. Listen to Episode 13 to get more insights.
- It’s very important to educate yourself on the American Healthcare System because if you don’t, you’re at the mercy of this when you have to access it. - Dr. David Wilcox
- Physicians will think about their income negatively if the bulk of their income today is from procedures. You’re basically putting a budget right onto healthcare whereas in the fee-for-service world there is no budget. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- Patients that are not really sick but need to be cared for can be cared for in their home environment using technology. - Dr. David Wilcox
- How To Avoid Being a Victim of the American Healthcare System: A Patient's Handbook for Survival
- GoodRx app
- GoodRx App works with Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) to get you a better price for your prescriptions.
About the Guests:
David Wilcox DNP, MHA, BSN, RN-BC, LSSBB is the author of the patients’ handbook of survival called, “How To Avoid Being a Victim of the American Healthcare System”. He believes that proactive patient education enables those accessing the healthcare system to be better partners in their health care. For more about his information, click here.
About the Host:
Dung Trinh, MD is the Chief Medical Officer of Irvine Clinical Research, medical missionary with TongueOut Medical Missions, and holds leadership positions with multiple health care organizations in Orange County. He is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, and Host of “Health Talks with Dr. Trinh” which can be heard weekly on OC Talk Radio.
Connect with Dr. Trinh
Want your own copy of Dr. Trinh's amazing book on Alzheimer's?
Get your own copy of Alzheimer's: What You Need To Know (And Why You Should Care) by Dr. Dung Trinh.
For every patient officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, many more are living with this condition undiagnosed. Stay on top of this cognitive condition by knowing the symptoms and risk reduction strategies.
Spoiler Alert: It's so good you can't put it down.