Running on a Healthy Path with Modern Day Forrest GumpNov 26, 2021
Starting from childhood to adulthood, we face challenges even in the most basic situations. Everyone, even the most successful people, experiences problems and has its fair share of setbacks and hardships because it is never meant to be easy. Life is full of uncertainties, but it is up to us if we can accept the fact that not everything is within our control.
As humans, challenges are part of our lives and we have the ability to overcome these by not taking the obstacles as a burden, but rather blessings. Hardships and downfalls are not always punishments from what we’ve done but sometimes they can be the rewards for our own successes.
In this another episode, we’ve invited the veteran ultra-long distance runner, Guinness World Book of Record holder, and dubbed as the modern-day Forrest Gump, Stan Cotrell, to share us lessons and nuggets of inspiration to help us reach our goals and dreams.
Stan has been racing around the country to promote health, hope, and friendship. He is a man of wisdom and stories to share that would entertain and inspire you as well. Even at the age of 78, he still manages to run 30 miles per day, which inspires countless others. Tune in to not miss his inspiring stories as he shares the amazing things he’s been doing.
- The secret principle to living a successful life is to discover what you do well and do more of it. - Stan Cotrell
- There is not a day in my life where I don’t get the victory because I plant the seed today and I also reap the harvest today. - Stan Cotrell
- One man running can do so much for the country. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- Stan Cotrell runs across 40 different countries.
- Four key points in success: visualize, vocalize, energize, and realize and everything starts with a dream that you have.
- Prioritizing calorie intake and staying hydrated are two important things to maintain for a runner’s good physical health.
About the Guests:
Stan Cotrell is a 78-year-old veteran ultra-long distance runner, a Guinness World Book of Record holder, and a record holder for the fastest TransAmerica run taking just 48 days. He has been racing around the country to promote health, hope, and friendship.
Click here for more about Stan Cotrell.
About the Host:
Dung Trinh, MD is the Chief Medical Officer of Irvine Clinical Research, medical missionary with TongueOut Medical Missions, and holds leadership positions with multiple health care organizations in Orange County. He is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, and Host of “Health Talks with Dr. Trinh” which can be heard weekly on OC Talk Radio.
Connect with Dr. Trinh
Want your own copy of Dr. Trinh's amazing book on Alzheimer's?
Get your own copy of Alzheimer's: What You Need To Know (And Why You Should Care) by Dr. Dung Trinh.
For every patient officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, many more are living with this condition undiagnosed. Stay on top of this cognitive condition by knowing the symptoms and risk reduction strategies.
Spoiler Alert: It's so good you can't put it down.