Integrating Christian and Biblical Principles to a Healthier Brain Function with Dr. Timothy JenningsMar 25, 2022
God designed people to be biologically wired to have fear to make us aware of impending danger and take action against it. Fear is an internal mitigation tool against risk. But if not controlled, we easily get manipulated by fear, which holds us back from taking the next step to success.
As we live in a feeling-based world, no one can ever invalidate how we feel. But feelings can lie frequently and not all feelings are accurate towards reality.
When we stay being chronically fearful, our body is activating the inflammatory factors that affect our physical health. As a consequence, it accelerates aging and contributes to illnesses. In short, harmonious health and life promote better health.
In this week’s episode, we are joined by Dr. Timothy Jennnings to share the integration and biblical principles to a healthier brain function. Dr. Jennings is the President and Founder of Come and Reason Ministries and has published books such as Could It Be This Simple? and The God-Shaped Brain.
- It's significantly destructive to us when we react to fear because fear contributes to illness and accelerates aging. — Dr. Timothy Jennings
- We must present truth and facts that empower people to be able to make intelligent decisions — Dr. Timothy Jennings
- Fear may hold us back from taking the next step to getting a better career or knowing a healthy relationship. — Dr. Dung Trinh
- Let's look at faith, use reason and science, and then compare that to the real world. — Paul Roberts
- The laws of health are the laws upon which health and life operate and function, and as you harmonize with them you promote better health.
- Fear, from any cause that is chronic in nature, activates the immune system which kicks up inflammatory factors and undermines physical health.
- When you are socially isolated, you have a higher mortality rate. You can't fight illnesses, as well. You have more cancer rates, depression, or dementia.
- Much of the fear is driven by misinformation, falsehoods, and propaganda. It's not being driven by actual science or evidence.
- What you believe means how you feel; how you feel means what you do, and what you do leads to certain results.
About the Guests:
Timothy R. Jennings, MD is a board-certified Christian psychiatrist, master psychopharmacologist, international speaker, a distinguished fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and a fellow of the Southern Psychiatric Association. His books include Could It Be This Simple? and The God-Shaped Brain.
Dr. Jennings the is president and founder of Come and Reason Ministries and has served as president of the Southern Psychiatric Association and Tennessee Psychiatric Association. He obtained his MD degree in 1990 from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee. He completed a psychiatric residency at D.D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia, and has served as the division psychiatrist for the 3rd Infantry Division.
About the Host:
Dung Trinh, MD is the Chief Medical Officer of Irvine Clinical Research, medical missionary with TongueOut Medical Missions, and holds leadership positions with multiple health care organizations in Orange County. He is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, and Host of “Health Talks with Dr. Trinh” which can be heard weekly on OC Talk Radio.
Connect with Dr. Trinh
Want your own copy of Dr. Trinh's amazing book on Alzheimer's?
Get your own copy of Alzheimer's: What You Need To Know (And Why You Should Care) by Dr. Dung Trinh.
For every patient officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, many more are living with this condition undiagnosed. Stay on top of this cognitive condition by knowing the symptoms and risk reduction strategies.
Spoiler Alert: It's so good you can't put it down.