Healthcare and the Next Generation with Helene BlanchetteDec 16, 2022
About the Guest:
This episode highlights the innovations and vision of the trailblazers in the healthcare industry. Dr. Trinh and Helene Blanchette, Co-Founders of MDDAO, share amazing insights from the ENP 11th Annual Healthcare Next Practices- Metaverse Innovation held at the UCI Beall Applied Innovation, including Meta health, precision medicine, impactful changes in the concept of healthcare delivery and social trends that can be expected in the next three years.
- When you do something for the first time, it's always hard for people to get their heads around it and also understand it. Using a democratic way of doing things, such as crowdsourcing, could actually lead to something. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- Healthcare is a collaborative effort between a patient and a provider. Unless there's buy-in on both sides of the treatment plan, that treatment won’t go forward. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- Let’s aim for equity and level the playing field. You get access if you're in rural America. You get access even if you're not in the high-income districts where there are lots of high-performing doctors. - Paul Roberts
- Doctors should be using technology, but now technology owns doctors. They’re typing on a screen and only half listening while talking to their patient who may be struggling emotionally. - Helene Blanchette
- One of the discussions was on how seniors might have a challenge with technology. And then the other conversation was about engaging young adults to be more conscious of their health - and is the Metaverse solution to do that? - Helene Blanchette
About the Host:
Dung Trinh, MD is the Chief Medical Officer of Irvine Clinical Research, a medical missionary with TongueOut Medical Missions, and holds leadership positions with multiple healthcare organizations in Orange County. He is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, and Host of “Health Talks with Dr. Trinh” which can be heard weekly on OC Talk Radio.
Connect with Dr. Trinh
Want your own copy of Dr. Trinh's amazing book on Alzheimer's?
Get your own copy of Alzheimer's: What You Need To Know (And Why You Should Care) by Dr. Dung Trinh.
For every patient officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, many more are living with this condition undiagnosed. Stay on top of this cognitive condition by knowing the symptoms and risk reduction strategies.
Spoiler Alert: It's so good you can't put it down.