The Benefits of Having a Health Coach with Belinda OberleJan 28, 2022
Reaching our optimal state of health has gotten more and more difficult - even when our doctors or physicians have already prescribed us an appropriate diet or medications. This is because we are not that motivated and committed enough to change our lifestyles.
Having discipline and drive is very crucial for us to achieve the kind of health condition we want. If we still cannot resist craving our favorite desserts or buying all kinds of fast foods for our go-to meals, it will be very easy for us to fall into temptation when we start to change our diet.
Just like other aspects of life, we need to alter our behavior and mindset when it comes to choosing the food we eat and how we can integrate movement and activities into our day-to-day routine. Having a health coach can guide us with our decisions when it comes to food intake and choosing the proper diet and exercise that fits us to easily meet our desired health change.
Health coaches are part of the healthcare team that provides support and accountability to people through lifestyle adaptations. In this episode, we are joined by Nurse Belinda Oberle to tell us why it is important to have a health coach.
Tune in to Episode 20 to learn more.
- For life changes to happen, patients need both support and accountability. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- A person has to be committed to making changes. - Belinda Oberle
- When it comes to my health, I either pay now or pay later. - Dr. Dung Trinh
- No one is responsible for our health but ourselves. - Belinda Oberle
- Health coaches don’t provide information but they provide accountability and structure that allows people to reach their goals.
- A health coach digs into deeply where doctors do not.
- Physicians are not trained necessarily on wellness and prevention but on diagnosis and prescription.
- Health changes start with behavioral changes.
About the Guests:
Belinda Orbele, R.N is a Nursing Coordinator for Home Health at Memorial Care Health Care and an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach at Embrace Life Coaching. She also has expertise in Home Care Coordination, Discharge Planning, Process Implementation, Leadership and Mentoring, and Team Management and Effectiveness.
About the Host:
Dung Trinh, MD is the Chief Medical Officer of Irvine Clinical Research, medical missionary with TongueOut Medical Missions, and holds leadership positions with multiple health care organizations in Orange County. He is a keynote speaker, best-selling author, and Host of “Health Talks with Dr. Trinh” which can be heard weekly on OC Talk Radio.
Connect with Dr. Trinh
Want your own copy of Dr. Trinh's amazing book on Alzheimer's?
Get your own copy of Alzheimer's: What You Need To Know (And Why You Should Care) by Dr. Dung Trinh.
For every patient officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, many more are living with this condition undiagnosed. Stay on top of this cognitive condition by knowing the symptoms and risk reduction strategies.
Spoiler Alert: It's so good you can't put it down.